Monday, January 6, 2014

MAC Huggable Lipcolour in Out for Passion

MAC's description: A new high-shine formula featuring an array of creamy emollients, providing a lasting, glossy finish that leaves lips smooth and sculpted. A unique gel base allows each shade to smooth effortlessly onto the skin, with a feather-light finish giving immediate moisture, lasting up to six hours.

The Huggable Lipcolour is MAC's newest line of lipsticks that claims to provide long-lasting shine with great pigmentation. Out for Passion is described as a "soft warm rose cream." Swatched and on my lips, it comes off as a sheer coral. Of the Huggable Lipcolours that I tried, Out for Passion is one of the sheerest colors, but it was still a nice color. In regards to MAC's various claims about these lipsticks, the finish of them is beautifully glossy and smooth; however, it doesn't apply on as "effortlessly" as MAC states. There was a slight tugging on my lips as I applied it, which could be due to the slight stickiness to the product, not creamy like many of the other MAC lipsticks. This isn't necessarily a bad thing because it ends up smoothing out my lip lines pretty well. The closest parallel I can think of is the Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Puck Gloss Stick in terms of application. Lastly, for the wear, it lasted about three hours on me... nowhere close to the six hours MAC suggested. 

As for the scent, it doesn''t seem to have that traditional vanilla scent in the other MAC lipsticks. If anything, it smelled it a bit waxy to me. The packaging is nice: similar to the Sheen Supreme lipstick but in gunmetal grey instead of black. It has a nice weight to it unlike the regular lipsticks. When you close the cap, it should make a *snap* sound so you'll know the cap in on securely. When I say secure, I really mean it... the cap of the Huggables are super secure to the point where it takes some strength difficult to open. 

Overall, I like these lipsticks but they're nothing to go bonkers over. I'd like them more if they weren't $20 (the regular lipsticks are $15). If you want to try a slightly cheaper alternative, check out the Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Sticks ($16), Revlon Lip Butter, or Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm. 





1 comment: