Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Maybelline Color Elixir in Captivating Carnation


In my recent trip to CVS, I came across a new display for the Maybelline Color Elixirs so I decided to grab this one in Captivating Carnation. Maybelline describes the formulation of this line as "hyper-saturated color, ultra cushiony feel." Captivating Carnation is a pinky mauve color. In terms of pigmentation, it was pretty sheer, even when I layered on more. As for the texture, it was lightweight, non-sticky, and glossy, almost gel-like. This is probably the BEST lipgloss texture I've ever used! The applicator isn't your traditional doe-foot applicator. Maybelline calls it an "angora brush," which basically looks like spatula in felt form. It's very similar to the YSL Glossy Stain applicator. It applies product on the lips incredibly! The applicator in conjunction with the formula creates a beautiful, smooth look on the lips. 

The only downside to the Color Elixir (it could just be this color?) is the AWFUL SCENT. OMG asdfjl;dfg... I case you couldn't tell... I can't stand the smell of this product. It smells like "old-lady perfume" with a hint of artificial grape scent. It's almost unbearably strong. I could smell and taste it even after 10 minutes of applying. 

Overall, I LOVE this product except for the smell, which is agitating enough that I might not purchase another color. Sigh... it was so close to perfection. If you don't mind scents too much, I highly highly recommend you give this a try.   

Good luck!

Many hugs, 

Coleen 




No comments:

Post a Comment